Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Learning the Heart

When you're learning the path blood takes through the heart, start with blood leaving the left ventricle. This makes more conceptual sense and will help you get things straight. Learning the heart is like learning anything else in medicine, it is not hard or complicated, but it can quickly become overwhelming if you don't have a good  framework to put information into. So here's a broad framework for understanding the heart and the blood-flow through it.

The heart is one of the most important organs of the body. All organs have a function, all are important, but the heart and the brain are the two most important because without them everything else dies. And the body knows this. When a patient is really sick or losing a lot of blood, the body will start cutting off its own blood-flow to the parts of the body that it thinks are less important for immediate survival like the arms and the legs. This happens so that there is more blood for the heart and brain to use. 

The reason the heart is important is because of its one function: to deliver oxygen to the rest of the body. To digress a moment:

  • oxygen is needed for every cell (which is the building block of every part of our body) to make energy to function (this energy is called ATP)
  • if the oxygen supply is cut off, even for a brief amount of time, cells start to die which means our body starts to die
  • so getting a constant supply of oxygen to every part of our body is required for us to live (oxygen is to the body what oil is to the world's economy: if oil were cut off, even for one day, we'd be screwed. Same goes for oxygen except we're talking seconds to minutes)
  • Red Blood Cells is the part of our blood that carries oxygen from our lungs to the rest of our body; this is it's only important function. RBC = oxygen.

So again, the heart's one major function is to pump blood which contains the oxygen to the rest of the body. This happens when the left ventricle fills with blood just back from the lungs and shoots it out into the aorta and beyond. This is mission accomplished for the heart.

So the blood goes to different organs and your fingers and wherever and drops off the oxygen. It then returns to the heart to pick up more oxygen. The blood collects in the right side of the heart, is squeezed through the lungs where it picks up more oxygen, and again collects in the left ventricle, ready to get shot out again to carry more oxygen. Our body, like our economy, is very demanding for its natural resources. 

Get this broad concept down and think about blood flow through the heart as starting with expulsion from the left ventricle (oxygenated blood = mission accomplished) and follow it from there. It's a small thing but in my experience helps keep the later details straight.

4 comments:

  1. I’m here to testify about what DR. ISIBOR did for me. I have been suffering from (GENITAL HERPES VIRUS) disease for the past 3 years and had constant pain and inching, especially in my private part. During the first year, I had faith in God that i would be cured someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago I came across a testimony of Rose Smith on the internet testifying about a Man called DR. ISIBOR on how he cured her from 7 years HSV 2. And she also gave the email address of this man, advise anybody to contact him for help on any kind of diseases that he would be of help, so I emailed him telling him about my (HSV 2) he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured!! Well, I never doubted him I have faith he can cure me too,, DR. ISIBOR prepared and sent me Healing Oil, Soap, roots and herbs which I took. In the first one week, I started experiencing changes all over me, after four weeks of using his Roots/ Herbs, Oil and Soap, I was totally cured. no more inching , pain on me anymore as DR. ISIBOR assured me. After some time I went to my doctor to do another test behold the result came out negative. So friends my advise is if you have such disease or know anyone who suffers from it or any other disease like HPV, HIV, ALS, CANCER etc. you can contact DR. ISIBOR for help via email} {drisiborspellhome@gmail.com} you can also contact him on WhatsApp +2348107855231

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greatest thanks to Dr Oyagu for his herbal drugs that he prepared for me and when i start using it in just 2weeks i was completely cured and that ended my HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 DISEASE i am so happy and grateful to Dr Oyagu . after reading about him on a testimony of Jason Cash on a blogger. i knew suddenly Dr Oyagu was the right Doctor to cure my HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 DISEASE. i discuss with Dr Oyagu and he prepared a herbal medicine for me and when it got sent to me in south korean . i used the herbal medicine and 2weeks and i went to check up again. after 15years of suffering from HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 at last i am smiling once again. Dr Oyagu also has remedy to others disease like COLD SORES,HIV/AIDS,DIABETES.CANCER,HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND MANY MORE. I oblige everyone to contact this powerful herbalist Dr Oyagu and be free from your suffering. contact his WhatsApp line: +2348101755322 or his Email:Oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw a health promotion on a herbalist from Africa who prepares herbal medicines to cure all sorts of diseases including cancer and many others sickness, I first doubted It was not true but decided to try, when I contacted this herbal physician via his e-mail, I purchased herpes herbal medicine and received it within 7 days and used it as prescribed, I tested negative within 3 weeks use, do not loose hope to contact him early If you need help, you can WhatsApp at +2348165102815 I'm convinced he can help you too, his email address dr.chalaherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

  4. My husband was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete